Life in Arabia

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Humans amaze me

 


I recently had reason to ask for help from a community of women I once knew in DC. The response was overwhelming. Generous beyond all hope. Encouraging and uplifting beyond all reckonning. Everything I needed was offered, without strings, without admonition, without judgement.

All I want to do is be able to return the favor some day.

We leave Paris tomorrow to go back to Sharjah. The boo starts school at l'ecole francaise. He's speaking a mixture of French and English in his sleep now. He has lost his little American accents and gargles the french rrrrr in the back of his throat like a native. I've eaten my fill of crepes and french baguettes, dined with the scintillating Tour Eiffel in my sights, and had some of the most difficult conversations of my entire life in the entirely benign and charming atmosphere of the quintessential Parisian Cafe. I have taken my amino acids religiously, and have knelt at the altar of calm and serenity in stressful times. My heart is clear, my head is full of possibilities, and I'm dreaming of Thanksgiving already.

Thank you. Thank you. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home